European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo, the trade show devoted to the profitable service and sales of coffee, tea and soft beverages is launching a live coffee roasting evebt when it returns to Olympia, London on May 21st and 22nd.
Visitors will be able to see coffee roasting on a Diedrich machine by the best roasters in the industry accompanied by expert commentary and will be able to witness the complexity and skill involved in roasting.
Famous roasters will display and discuss the unique intricacies in the art and science of roasting. It will educate and inspire the coffee business community about roasting.
Highly skilled roasters hosting sessions include:
- James Boatfield -Thorley, Roastery Manager, Allpress
- Jamie Boland, Owner/Head Roaster, Ancoats Coffee Co
- Patrik Rolf Karlsson, Founder, April Coffee Copenhagen
- Sam Langdon, Master Roaster, Caravan Coffee Roasters
- Jamie Strachan, Head of Coffee, Dark Arts Coffee
- Roland Glew, Head Roaster, Has Bean Coffee
- Eliasz Minkiewicz, Development Manager, Nord Coffee
- Courtney Snowdon, Head Roaster, Ozone Coffee Roasters
- Mike Steele, Head Roaster, 200 Degrees
- Rudy Huemer, Quality Manager, Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
- James Wogan, Green Buyer, Wogan Coffee
Annie Swift, managing director, European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo said: “The topic of coffee roasting always generates a great deal of debate – should you do your own roasting? What are the pros and cons? What should you be looking for in a roasting partner? All of these questions and many more will be addressed in Roastery Masterclass LIVE! by the extremely talented roasters taking part.”
Howard Barwick, European business development manager, Olam Specialty Coffee said: “The willingness to learn, the drive towards formalising industry education and in particular, the free sharing of ideas, is perhaps what makes specialty coffee the tip of the arrow of the coffee industry. To that end, the roastery masterclass will provide a wonderful forum for discussion, debate and the passing on of hard-won experience.”