Mondelēz International, has printed its 2019 Snacking Made Right Report, highlighting the corporate’s development in opposition to reaching its 2025 sustainable and aware snacking targets. The file outlines Mondelēz International’s ongoing dedication to steer the way forward for snacking through leveraging its world scale to ship sure alternate.
The Snacking Made Right file comprises Mondelēz International’s signature programmes and approaches pushed through the corporate’s goal – to empower other people to snack proper through offering the appropriate snack, for the appropriate second, made the appropriate method. As the sector continues to regulate the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, the corporate believes that goal is extra vital than ever sooner than and is dedicated to advancing its efforts with a purpose to confront the brand new demanding situations going through the sector.
“As we collectively manage the global impact of COVID-19, now more than ever is the time for companies to do what’s right and drive sustainable business growth at scale,” mentioned Dirk Van de Put, chairman and leader govt of Mondelēz International.
“At Mondelez International our purpose-driven approach to sustainability and well-being is focused on reducing our impact on the environment and creating a positive impact on society as part of our mission to lead the future of snacking by delivering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. I’m proud of the significant progress we’ve made in 2019 and believe our 2025 Snacking Made Right goals are the right goals to focus on for the future,” mentioned Van de Put.
With snacking a rising habits globally, Mondelēz International resides its goal of empowering other people to snack proper through the usage of its scale to create significant, lasting alternate for the easier. In 2019, the corporate made significant development in opposition to growing resilient and sustainable aspect provide chains, decreasing environmental have an effect on and packaging innovation:
- Sustainable aspect provides
- 63% cocoa quantity for chocolate manufacturers sourced in the course of the corporate’s signature sustainable sourcing program Cocoa Life (up 20 pts vs 2018)
- 65% wheat for biscuit manufacturers in Europe sustainably sourced in the course of the corporate’s Harmony Wheat program
- Maintained 100% RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil Goal) palm oil function
- Environmental Impact
- 15% aid in CO2 emissions throughout production operations
- 27% aid in precedence water utilization in spaces the place water is maximum scarce
- 21% aid in waste from production operations
- Packaging Innovation
- 93% of general packaging (each plastic and non-plastic) designed to be recyclable
In addition, in 2019, Mondelēz International made sturdy development in well-being to each align the corporate’s portfolio to recent well-being wishes in addition to encouraging aware snacking behavior thru portion keep watch over and labelling:
- 16% of world snacks web earnings from portion keep watch over snacks
- Global standardization of front-of-pack portion quantity labelling
Released this month, the corporate’s Snacking Made Right file showed development towards bold long-term targets together with:
- Continuing to scale signature sustainable sourcing techniques
- Scaling Cocoa Life to supply 100% cocoa quantity for chocolate through 2025
- Scaling Harmony Wheat to supply 100% wheat for biscuits in Europe through 2022
- Maintaining 100% RSPO protection in palm oil
- Scaling kid hard work tracking and remediation methods to hide 100% Cocoa Life communities in West Africa through 2025
- Meaningfully addressing local weather alternate and decreasing environmental have an effect on
- Setting science-based objectives to scale back end-to-end CO2 emissions through 10% through 2025, with a focal point on protective and restoring forests
- Advancing packaging innovation and tackling plastic waste
- 100% of packaging designed to be recyclable and labelled with recycling knowledge through 2025
- Continued enhance for multi-stakeholder collaboration to take on plastic waste
- Aligning portfolio to recent well-being wishes and inspiring aware snacking behavior
- 20% of web earnings from snacks from portion keep watch over snacks through 2025
- 100% Snack Mindfully labelling throughout packaging globally through 2025
“We know consumers are increasingly aware of the impact their choices have on the world and what the companies behind those products stand for,” mentioned Christine Montenegro McGrath, vice chairman and leader of have an effect on, sustainability and well-being at Mondelēz International. “We believe in making our snacks the right way, which means to both create a future in which people and planet thrive and to stand up for what we believe in. Today’s release of our Snacking Made Right report is an important step forward as we continue to demonstrate our progress on that journey.”