UK gross sales of undeniable, flavoured, juicy and practical waters have greater by way of a couple of billion litres over the last 5 years, in line with the brand new 2020 UK Water Drinks marketplace document from the food and drinks professionals Zenith Global.
Volumes apart from water coolers rose from underneath 3 billion litres in 2014 to over 4 billion litres in 2019, dipping by way of 4% in 2019 after the recent summer time of 2018. The total gross sales price of UK water beverages in 2019 was once £3.3 billion.
Plain water has grown considerably quicker than different water sorts, up 39% since 2014, and accounts for 87% of general quantity. Flavoured water on 11% is up 9%, juicy water on 1.3% is up 15% and practical water on 0.4% is up 21%.
Water beverages were rising strongly in recent times,” mentioned Zenith Global Chairman Richard Hall, “however I don’t consider the water plus crew of flavoured, juicy and practical waters have not begun reached their doable.
“They have all the advantages of water for natural, zero calorie healthy hydration. They have the added attraction of flavour and fortification with fruit, vitamins and more. It seems UK consumers are essentially happy with all the other choices of drink available as well, from carbonated soft drinks through to other categories from coffee to kombucha.”
- The UK water plus marketplace was once value £560 million in 2019.
- UK shoppers drank 7.6 litres of water plus merchandise in 2019, when put next with 52.5 litres of undeniable water.
- UK water plus volumes fell 9% in 2019.
- Sparkling water plus merchandise greater their percentage to 34% of quantity, with nonetheless merchandise accounting for 66%.
- Most water plus distribution is in retail, with 66% offered in supermarkets and 27% in comfort retailers, when put next with 7% clear of house.
Zenith Global forecasts total restoration in the United Kingdom water beverages marketplace within the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, however cautions about difficulties from 2020 taking time to be mirrored in shopper self assurance.